Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Mom Wears Heels To the Playground

My continued internet search for hidden gems uncovered this CafeMom post by a mother who wore her heels to the playground.  I'm undecided on what I find more entertaining- the story of how the mom tackled the obstacles of the playground in a pair of heels, or the comments ranging from, "who cares?" to a woman that nastily feels, "This may be the stupidest article I've read on here... Our society is seriously f***ed up when a woman feels she HAS to wear feet-damaging shoes to feel special. I feel all kinds of special in my Walmart flip flops, because I know my worth isn't measured in how much pain my feet are in."  I wouldn't be shocked if those Walmart flip flops are actually a pair of Crocs.

The mom's, "I'll do what I want, when I want and how I want" attitude is inspiring, even if the whole thing reeks of a little self-promotion (after all, there was someone clearly asked to be present with a camera to photograph the whole show.)

No comments:

Post a Comment